Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in East Tennessee


This was my very first Christmas away from my family, but luckily I got to spend it with my second family and it felt just like home!  I wasn't sure how I would feel not waking up in my own bed in Cape but it was one great Christmas and Santa even knew where I would be! Ha!  

After I got off of work on Christmas Eve we drove to Knoxville to spend Christmas with Curt's family.  Everybody was able to be there so it was extra special!  Christmas morning was spent drinking coffee--yes I even drank real coffee, not decaf!  Debbie made sausage balls--yum!! I was just introduced to these last year and apparently am nuts for not knowing what they were!  Then around noon everybody came over to do Christmas.  We all got such great gifts and it was so special to be with everybody, I really do have the best in-laws in the world! After we opened presents we took a little nap and then got ready to go to Betty's (Curt's grandma) for extended family Christmas. Ahead of time Debbie had asked us all to write special memories on pieces of paper that she would put in a big jar and then we gave it to Betty as a gift for her to read in her spare time. It was so sweet and Betty was speechless!!  

It was a great Christmas, and we were sad to have to leave the next day but our week only got busier!!


Beth and Ryan

Take #1--I sneezed

Take #2--Cute :)




New tradition this year--buy a chocolate Santa at the beginning of the holiday for display and then on Christmas it gets to be cut and eaten, hahah.  One of the highlights for Andrew because he wasn't allowed to touch it the entire Christmas season!

Baby Amelia!

Amanda, me, and Clay at Betty's...Clay is for sure my sidekick at family get-togethers

Betty with her jar of memories! So sweet!

Amanda and Beth--the best sister-in-laws! and sweet Mollie :)





 Betty attempted to take a picture for us...these are just 3 of her attempts...I think I deleted about 5 others. The pictures were either blurry or too dark or our heads were cut off, haha.  I told her I was going to give her a hard time on the blog about her not being able to take a picture, ha! Love you Betty!

Then Curt's sister took our picture

Merry Christmas :)


2 comments:

  1. Just remember Santa Claus is watching you! Love you Linz and no one else would fit into our crazy family like you. And that is the truth. BTW when I hit the big time in photography, you will be sorry you ratted me out!lol

    ReplyDelete