Monday, September 9, 2013

The Rest of Labor Day Weekend

Sunday we got up went to church, visited my grandma in the hospital in Perryville (she has pneumonia but is doing much better now), and came home and relaxed. It was much needed!!  Sunday afternoon/night Whit, Ryan, and Brynn came over to hang out and eat. It was so much fun.  Of course us "adult kids" had some extra fun playing with beanie babies :).  After we ate we took a walk on the bike trail and got Andy's custard!  This is Curt's favorite and we haven't had it a looonnnnngggg time!  He was thrilled.  See his ice cream below and you will understand his excitement...it was huge :).

On actual Labor Day, my grandparents, and Kelly and Jared and their kids came over for lunch!  Before all of that though, we made my mother soooo happy and went on a bike ride that morning.  I forget how painful it is afterwards when you haven't been on a bike in a while, but we managed.  It was great seeing family that I haven't seen in a while!  We ate, talked, ate some more, played cards and hung out!  It was perfect!  After Brynn woke up from her nap, we ran a few errands.  (I got the supplies that I needed to make another head board...DIY post on that soon!).  

It was a fabulous weekend of relaxing and hanging out with family and friends.  I hope we get to do it again soon!

Our favorite--airplane.

Brynn loves playing with our old Beanie Babies.  Of course we had to get in on the action too and turn it into a game! ha!  I think Curt and Whit were the overall winners.  This was serious competition.


Custard at Andy's!! Deliciousness!!!

My mom asked if we needed sunglasses for our bike ride--she had a bag full of old sunglasses---how old are these seriously???...hahaha 

These are the glasses we choose :)

The girls' and kids' lunch table

The boys, I don't think they really wanted their picture taken


Running errands--she is going to be a shopper!  She kept picking out EVERYTHING saying it was so pretty and that she needed it! haha!


1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of my blogging buddy! (but I hate word verification)

    ReplyDelete